World

Man arrested over deadly Delhi car bomb attack

Man arrested over deadly Delhi car bomb attack8 hours agoShareSaveRuth ComerfordShareSaveReutersA man has been arrested in connection with a deadly car bomb attack that killed eight people and wounded 20 others in Delhi last week, authorities have said.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) said the car used in the attack, which the government has called a “terrorist incident”, was registered in the arrested suspect's name.
They have accused him of conspiring with the alleged suicide bomber. The suspect was a resident of Indian-administered Kashmir, authorities say.
The explosion happened near a metro station close to the Red Fort, one of Delhi's most high-profile landmarks.
The agency said it had seized another vehicle allegedly belonging to the suicide bomber for examination. So far, it has interrogated 73 witnesses, including people injured in the blast.
The blast outside the historic fort was the first such explosion in the heavily guarded city since 2011.
Monday eveni..

World

Feud erupts between Trump and ally Marjorie Taylor Greene ahead of Epstein files vote

Feud erupts between Trump and ally Marjorie Taylor Greene ahead of Epstein files vote16 hours agoShareSaveMax MatzaShareSaveGetty ImagesDisagreements between Donald Trump and Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene have ballooned into a public feud, signalling a breakdown in relations between the US president and one of his fiercest defenders.
On Friday, Trump called Greene “wacky” in social media posts and said she should be unseated in next year's elections. On Saturday, he called her a “traitor”.
Greene has in recent days questioned whether Trump was still putting “America First” and criticised his handling of the Jeffrey Epstein files.
The feud comes as the House is set to consider whether to release the files to the public, with speaker Mike Johnson saying he would put the bill to a vote this coming week.
Known as the Epstein Files Transparency Act, the aim of the bill is to make the justice department release all unclassified records, documents, communications, and ..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Dad dies and 5-year-old daughter missing after huge waves pull them off beach on California coast

First responders continued to search Saturday along the Central Coast of California for a five-year-old girl who was swept out to sea the previous afternoon, as inclement weather continues to hammer the Golden State.
Just before 1 p.m. Friday, waves estimated to reach 15 to 20 feet high washed the young girl and her parents into the chilly Pacific waters off Garrapata State Beach in Monterey County, according to the sheriff’s office.
The mother was able to get to shore safely on her own, while the girl’s father was rescued by an off-duty State Parks lifeguard, according to law enforcement officials. He was then taken to a nearby hospital and later pronounced dead. The woman remains in stable condition with mild hypothermia.
Officials began searching Friday for the missing child, pausing their operations later that night due to weather and poor visibility conditions. The search resumed Saturday morning, featuring personnel from the sheriff’s office, California State Parks, Cal Fire, an..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Suspect accused of smashing up Alina Habba’s office while trying to confront her is arrested

The man suspected of smashing up the office of New Jersey’s top federal prosecutor Alina Habba and destroying her belongings has been arrested, officials said.
Keith Michael Lisa is accused of ransacking Habba’s office and trying to confront her, according to the FBI, which previously offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect.
Habba, formerly President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and now serving as Acting U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, celebrated the arrest Saturday and praised Attorney General Pam Bondi.
“We got him,” Habba said in a post on X. “This [Department of Justice under [Bondi] and our federal partners will not tolerate any acts of intimidation or violence toward law enforcement.”
Habba also thanked the FBI, Homeland Security Investigations and the U.S. Marshals Service for their role in capturing a suspect. “Now justice will handle him,” she added.
open image in galleryKeith Michael Lisa is suspected of smashing up Alina Habba’s office and..

World

Trump says he will take legal action against BBC over Panorama edit

Trump says he will take legal action against BBC over Panorama edit5 hours agoShareSaveHelen SullivanBBC NewsShareSaveListen: “I have to do it” – Trump says he will sue the BBC over Panorama editUS President Donald Trump has said he will take legal action against the BBC over how his speech was edited by Panorama, after the corporation apologised but refused to compensate him.
Speaking to reporters on board Air Force One on Friday evening, Trump said: “We'll sue them for anywhere between $1bn [£759m] and $5bn, probably sometime next week.”
On Thursday, the BBC said the edit of the 6 January 2021 speech had unintentionally given “the mistaken impression that President Trump had made a direct call for violent action” and said it would not be broadcast again.
The corporation apologised to the president but said it would not pay financial compensation.
BBC now faces tough legal battle with world's most powerful man. What happens next?Former director general Lord Hall says BBC sho..

World

Thousands march outside COP30 summit in call for action

Thousands march outside COP30 summit in call for action7 hours agoShareSaveGeorgina RannardClimate and science reporter, Belém, BrazilShareSaveReutersMarching to the beat of pounding sound systems, thousands of climate protesters have been bringing their message to the gates of the COP30 climate talks in Brazil.
Chanting and singing “free the Amazon”, demonstrators in host city Belém have been carrying three giant coffins reading Oil, Coal and Gas flanked by two grim reapers.
Indigenous groups displayed signs reading “the answer is us” as an inflatable elephant and anaconda weaved through the crowd under the hot sun.
It is the first time since 2021 that protesters have been allowed to demonstrate outside the UN climate talks. The last three took place in countries that do not permit public protest.
Prostesters played samba music and sang”We are holding a funeral for fossil fuels,” Tuga Cíntia told the BBC. She is from the theatre group Hydra Dance from the Federal University of Pará.
“..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Trump rolls back tariffs on coffee, beef and tropical fruit after grocery bills for Americans skyrocket

The Trump administration is rolling back tariffs on a wide range of agricultural and grocery items including coffee, tropical fruit, spices, and beef, the White House announced Friday.
The president has signed an executive order exempting these goods from the “reciprocal” tariffs he put on most U.S. trading partners earlier this year.
The White House said the move followed “substantial progress” in trade negotiations with foreign nations, while reflecting “current domestic demand for certain products, and current domestic capacity to produce certain products.”
The tariff announcement also comes amid political pressure on the president from voters concerned about continued inflation at the supermarket.
President Trump has insisted affordability questions are a Democratic “con job” and prices on “everything” are “way down,” though this is not true.
open image in galleryThe Trump administration has rolled back tariffs on more than 100 food items including beef and coffee, as the White Ho..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Immigrant who allegedly dodged ICE with Wisconsin judge’s help has been deported

An immigrant who was arrested after a Milwaukee judge allegedly helped him dodge federal agents has been deported.
Eduardo Flores-Ruiz, 31, pleaded guilty in September to illegally reentering the United States after he reached a deal with prosecutors. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security tweeted Friday afternoon that he has now been deported.
The tweet did not say whether he was transported back to his native Mexico or some other destination. The Associated Press sent an email message to his attorney, Martin Pruhs, seeking more details but he did not immediately respond.
Flores-Ruiz is at the center of a case against that could end with Milwaukee County Judge Hannah Dugan in prison.
According to court documents, Flores-Ruiz left his home near Michoacan, Mexico, at age 18 in 2013 and sneaked into the United States. He was apprehended and deported immediately after crossing the border, but reentered the country a few days later, making his way to Milwaukee where he worked in resta..

World

US justice department investigates Epstein’s alleged ties to Clinton and banks after Trump request

US justice department investigates Epstein's alleged ties to Clinton and banks after Trump request2 hours agoShareSaveAoife Walshin WashingtonShareSaveGetty ImagesThe US justice department has confirmed it will investigate paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein's alleged links to major banks and several prominent Democrats, including former President Bill Clinton.
US President Donald Trump said he would ask Attorney General Pam Bondi and the FBI to look into Epstein's “involvement and relationship” with Clinton and others.
Bondi said the department “will pursue this with urgency and integrity”.
Trump's request came days after thousands of Epstein's emails were released by the US Congress – which include mentions of the US president. Democrats have accused Trump of trying to deflect from questions about his relationship with Epstein.
The emails, released by the US House Oversight Committee, include many high-profile figures. A review by the Wall Street Journal fou..

World

Russian drone slams into block of flats in deadly wave of strikes across Kyiv

Russian drone slams into block of flats in deadly wave of strikes across Kyiv5 hours agoShareSaveToby Luckhurst,In Kyiv and Ottilie MitchellShareSave'Astonishingly lethal': James Landale reports from site of deadly Russian strikeA Russian drone has slammed into a block of flats in eastern Kyiv, killing six people and wounding dozens of others, during a wave of strikes throughout the Ukrainian capital.
As emergency workers sifted through the wreckage in the Lisovyi area, one Kyiv resident called Vita described how the drone had pierced the building, exploding on the other side.
Meanwhile, Ukraine stepped up its attacks on Russia's oil infrastructure, with drone strikes on one of its biggest export terminals in Novorossiysk, on the Black Sea coast.
Fire broke out at the Sheskharis oil refinery, and a ship and a block of flats were hit, officials said.
Krasnodar governor Veniamin Kondratyev said three crew members and another man were hurt in the attack which damaged the ma..