World

Man arrested over deadly Delhi car bomb attack

Man arrested over deadly Delhi car bomb attack8 hours agoShareSaveRuth ComerfordShareSaveReutersA man has been arrested in connection with a deadly car bomb attack that killed eight people and wounded 20 others in Delhi last week, authorities have said.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) said the car used in the attack, which the government has called a “terrorist incident”, was registered in the arrested suspect's name.
They have accused him of conspiring with the alleged suicide bomber. The suspect was a resident of Indian-administered Kashmir, authorities say.
The explosion happened near a metro station close to the Red Fort, one of Delhi's most high-profile landmarks.
The agency said it had seized another vehicle allegedly belonging to the suicide bomber for examination. So far, it has interrogated 73 witnesses, including people injured in the blast.
The blast outside the historic fort was the first such explosion in the heavily guarded city since 2011.
Monday eveni..

World

Feud erupts between Trump and ally Marjorie Taylor Greene ahead of Epstein files vote

Feud erupts between Trump and ally Marjorie Taylor Greene ahead of Epstein files vote16 hours agoShareSaveMax MatzaShareSaveGetty ImagesDisagreements between Donald Trump and Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene have ballooned into a public feud, signalling a breakdown in relations between the US president and one of his fiercest defenders.
On Friday, Trump called Greene “wacky” in social media posts and said she should be unseated in next year's elections. On Saturday, he called her a “traitor”.
Greene has in recent days questioned whether Trump was still putting “America First” and criticised his handling of the Jeffrey Epstein files.
The feud comes as the House is set to consider whether to release the files to the public, with speaker Mike Johnson saying he would put the bill to a vote this coming week.
Known as the Epstein Files Transparency Act, the aim of the bill is to make the justice department release all unclassified records, documents, communications, and ..

Uncategorized

US visa bulletin December: EB-1, EB-2 dates move forward for Indians

Dates advance for Indians in employment category visas in December. US visa bulletin for December has good news for Indians as there has been some forward movement for EB-2 and EB-3 final action dates for Indians. For Indian applicants in the EB-1 category, Final Action Date advances 1 month with a cut-off date of March 15, 2022. In the EB-2 category, Final Action Date advances 1 month 14 days with a cut-off date of May 15, 2013. In the EB-3 category, Final Action Date advances 1 month with a cut-off date of September 22, 2013.Dates for Filing Applications remain unchanged for EB-1 category with a cut-off date of April 15, 2023; EB-2 category Filing Dates remains unchanged with a cut-off date of December 1, 2013; EB-3 category Filing Dates remain unchanged with a cut-off date of August 15, 2014.”A visa must be available before you can take one of the final steps in the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident. Because more prospective immigrants want lawful permanent residency t..

Uncategorized

‘Vivek Ramaswamy is culturally Indian’: MAGA debates why they hate Trump-backed Ohio Guv candidate

A section of MAGA is upset that Vivek Ramaswamy has Trump's endorsement but Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn't. Amid MAGA mayhem triggered by President Donald Trump's rage against Marjorie Taylor Greene, GOP leader Vivek Ramaswamy still dominated social media chatter as MAGA supporters exclaimed that Trump rescinded support for Marjorie but made a fresh endorsement for Ramaswamy — as MAGA equations are changing. While Trump and Greene's fallout was mostly over the Epstein files, Greene objected to Trump's H-1B stand and said America does not need foreign workers. Greene said she would introduce a bill to stop H-1B visa program completely though Trump believes America needs certain foreign talent. The H-1B row amid MAGA was triggered last year during Christmas when Vivek Ramaswamy called out American culture and said American education system does not produce enough STEM workers needed for American tech companies and hence companies have to rely on H-1B. Ramaswamy ..

Uncategorized

Japan’s ‘monster parents’ heap misery on teachers with absurd demands

AdvertisementJapanThis Week in AsiaLifestyle & CultureJapan’s ‘monster parents’ heap misery on teachers with absurd demandsThings have got so bad that Tokyo is creating guidelines recommending police and lawyers be called to handle difficult parental encounters
Reading Time:4 minutesWhy you can trust SCMPJulian RyallPublished: 8:00am, 16 Nov 2025Updated: 8:13am, 16 Nov 2025When the cherry blossoms fail to bloom on cue or a lunch menu falls short of expectations, teachers in Japan know what to expect: a barrage of late-night emails, angry phone calls and, increasingly, a sense of despair.AdvertisementThe problem has reached such proportions that authorities in Tokyo are planning official guidelines intended to protect educators from parental harassment and establish boundaries around what schools can be asked to do.
According to a draft released this month by the Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, the guidelines are “aimed at enabling teachers and other school staff to work with pea..

Uncategorized

Charlotte, North Carolina, becomes next target of Trump immigration crackdown

AdvertisementUnited StatesWorldUnited States & CanadaCharlotte, North Carolina, becomes latest target of Trump’s immigration crackdownFederal agents have been deployed as part of the US president’s push to conduct large-scale arrests in Democrat-led cities
Reading Time:2 minutesWhy you can trust SCMPBloombergPublished: 7:49am, 16 Nov 2025A new deployment of federal agents arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Saturday as part of US President Donald Trump’s expanding immigration enforcement campaign, marking the latest push to carry out large-scale arrests in Democratic-led cities.
Advertisement“We are surging DHS law enforcement to Charlotte to ensure Americans are safe and public safety threats are removed,” Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Tricia McLaughlin said in a statement.
She did not provide any details of the deployment, including how many officers were there or what their duties would be.
The arrival in Charlotte marks the latest expansion of a campaign that has..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Dad dies and 5-year-old daughter missing after huge waves pull them off beach on California coast

First responders continued to search Saturday along the Central Coast of California for a five-year-old girl who was swept out to sea the previous afternoon, as inclement weather continues to hammer the Golden State.
Just before 1 p.m. Friday, waves estimated to reach 15 to 20 feet high washed the young girl and her parents into the chilly Pacific waters off Garrapata State Beach in Monterey County, according to the sheriff’s office.
The mother was able to get to shore safely on her own, while the girl’s father was rescued by an off-duty State Parks lifeguard, according to law enforcement officials. He was then taken to a nearby hospital and later pronounced dead. The woman remains in stable condition with mild hypothermia.
Officials began searching Friday for the missing child, pausing their operations later that night due to weather and poor visibility conditions. The search resumed Saturday morning, featuring personnel from the sheriff’s office, California State Parks, Cal Fire, an..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Suspect accused of smashing up Alina Habba’s office while trying to confront her is arrested

The man suspected of smashing up the office of New Jersey’s top federal prosecutor Alina Habba and destroying her belongings has been arrested, officials said.
Keith Michael Lisa is accused of ransacking Habba’s office and trying to confront her, according to the FBI, which previously offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect.
Habba, formerly President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and now serving as Acting U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, celebrated the arrest Saturday and praised Attorney General Pam Bondi.
“We got him,” Habba said in a post on X. “This [Department of Justice under [Bondi] and our federal partners will not tolerate any acts of intimidation or violence toward law enforcement.”
Habba also thanked the FBI, Homeland Security Investigations and the U.S. Marshals Service for their role in capturing a suspect. “Now justice will handle him,” she added.
open image in galleryKeith Michael Lisa is suspected of smashing up Alina Habba’s office and..

World

Trump says he will take legal action against BBC over Panorama edit

Trump says he will take legal action against BBC over Panorama edit5 hours agoShareSaveHelen SullivanBBC NewsShareSaveListen: “I have to do it” – Trump says he will sue the BBC over Panorama editUS President Donald Trump has said he will take legal action against the BBC over how his speech was edited by Panorama, after the corporation apologised but refused to compensate him.
Speaking to reporters on board Air Force One on Friday evening, Trump said: “We'll sue them for anywhere between $1bn [£759m] and $5bn, probably sometime next week.”
On Thursday, the BBC said the edit of the 6 January 2021 speech had unintentionally given “the mistaken impression that President Trump had made a direct call for violent action” and said it would not be broadcast again.
The corporation apologised to the president but said it would not pay financial compensation.
BBC now faces tough legal battle with world's most powerful man. What happens next?Former director general Lord Hall says BBC sho..

World

Thousands march outside COP30 summit in call for action

Thousands march outside COP30 summit in call for action7 hours agoShareSaveGeorgina RannardClimate and science reporter, Belém, BrazilShareSaveReutersMarching to the beat of pounding sound systems, thousands of climate protesters have been bringing their message to the gates of the COP30 climate talks in Brazil.
Chanting and singing “free the Amazon”, demonstrators in host city Belém have been carrying three giant coffins reading Oil, Coal and Gas flanked by two grim reapers.
Indigenous groups displayed signs reading “the answer is us” as an inflatable elephant and anaconda weaved through the crowd under the hot sun.
It is the first time since 2021 that protesters have been allowed to demonstrate outside the UN climate talks. The last three took place in countries that do not permit public protest.
Prostesters played samba music and sang”We are holding a funeral for fossil fuels,” Tuga Cíntia told the BBC. She is from the theatre group Hydra Dance from the Federal University of Pará.
“..