AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

‘Our nightmare is coming to an end’: Trump flies to Israel to push through last critical hours of Gaza ceasefire

Donald Trump is en route to Israel and Egypt to oversee the critical hours of a Gaza ceasefire he helped broker, as relatives of hostages “held their breath” ahead of their expected release.
For the first time, Hamas militants have agreed to release all 48 remaining hostages – 20 alive, 26 confirmed dead, and two whose lives were “serious danger” with an unknown status. The deadline for Hamas to return the captives who have been held for two years expires at midday Monday (10am BST).
Shortly afterwards, 1,700 Palestinians detained from Gaza since October 2023 and 250 more serving life sentences will be released from Israeli detention. The bodies of 360 Palestinians Israel is holding will also be returned.
Leaving to fly to Israel ahead of the planned releases, Mr Trump told reporters Trump his trip would be: “very special event”.
“We're going to have an amazing time,” he added: “This is going to be a very special time. Everybody is very excited about this moment in time.”
open i..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Trump-Gaza latest: US president says ‘all sides cheering’ as he flies to Israel ahead of hostage release

CloseHerzog: As soon as hostages return, Israel is not going to warDonald Trump has said that all sides in the Middle East are “cheering at one time” as he flies there ahead of Hamas’ expected release of the Israeli hostages.
Speaking to reporters as he boarded Air Force One on Sunday, the US president said “that's never happened before”, adding that his trip to Israel and Egypt is going to be a “very special event”.
Meanwhile, Israel has warned against “any sick displays by Hamas” during the release of hostages, which a spokeswoman said is expected to take place early Monday morning.
“We are expecting all 20 of our living hostages to be released together at one time to the Red Cross and transported among six to eight vehicles without any sick displays by Hamas,” spokeswoman Shosh Bedrosian said.
But if Hamas decides to free the hostages any earlier, “we will be ready to receive them”, she added. Palestinian detainees and prisoners will be released once the hostages have crossed..

World

Clashes erupt between Hamas forces and armed clan members in Gaza City

Clashes erupt between Hamas forces and armed clan members in Gaza City3 hours agoShareSaveRushdi AbualoufGaza correspondent in IstanbulShareSaveAFP via Getty ImagesAt least 27 people have been killed in fierce clashes between Hamas security forces and armed members of the Dughmush family in Gaza City, in one of the most violent internal confrontations since the end of major Israeli operations in the enclave.
Masked Hamas gunmen exchanged fire with clan fighters near the city's Jordanian hospital, witnesses said.
A senior official in the Hamas-run interior ministry said security units surrounded them and engaged in heavy fighting to detain them. The ministry said eight its members were killed in “an armed assault by a militia”.
Medical sources said 19 Dughmush clan members and eight Hamas fighters had been killed since fighting began on Saturday.
Eyewitnesses said the clashes erupted in the Tel al-Hawa neighbourhood in southern Gaza City after a Hamas force of more than 300 fighter..

World

China accuses US of ‘double standards’ over tariff threat

China accuses US of 'double standards' over tariff threat4 hours agoShareSaveStephen McDonellChina correspondent andNick Edserbusiness reporterShareSaveGetty ImagesDonald Trump's latest threat to impose an additional 100% tariff on Chinese goods is “a typical example of US double standards”, China's government has said.
A commerce ministry spokesperson also said China could introduce its own unspecified “countermeasures” if the US president carries out his threat, adding it was “not afraid” of a possible trade war.
On Friday, Trump hit back at Beijing's move to tighten its rules for rare earths exports, accusing it of “becoming very hostile” and trying to hold the world “captive”. He also threatened to pull out of a meeting with China's President Xi Jinping later this month.
But on Sunday, Trump wrote: “Don't worry about China, it will all be fine!”
“Highly respected President Xi just had a bad moment. He doesn't want Depression for his country,..

Uncategorized

‘As Gwyneth Paltrow said…’: Astronomer CEO reveals a major update to move on from Kiss cam scandal

Astronomer's Gwyneth Paltrow ad was done by actor Ryan Reynolds' production house Maximum Effort. Astronomer CEO Pete DeJjoy in his latest message revealed that they not only roped in Gwyneth Paltrow but also actor Ryan Reynolds — to tide over the Coldplay scandal in which the company's former CEO Andy Byron and former HR chief Kristin Cabot were involved. They were caught canoodling at a Coldplay concert in Boston, cheating on their respective partners. In the wake of a major social media backlash, both of them resigned and Astronomer is believed to have the last laugh in their masterclass PR. The company released a video featuring Gwyneth Paltrow who was formerly married to Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin but now it has been revealed that the tongue-in-cheek ad was created by Maximum Effort — a production company of Ryan Reynolds.Gwyneth Paltrow has been hired by the company as a spokesperson on a “very temporary basis”. In the video, she answers questions which ar..

Uncategorized

What is Saudi Arabia’s ‘In the Prophet’s Steps’? Over one million worldwide registered ahead of launch

The project is expanding globally with planned rollouts in Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, and India to share the Hijrah experience/ Image: Saudi Gazzette TL;DR
Saudi Arabia's immersive Hijrah experience opens in November.
Over 1 million people have already registered.
The 470 km route includes 41 restored sites and a Hijrah museum.
Part of Vision 2030 to boost religious and cultural tourism.Saudi Arabia’s groundbreaking cultural project, ‘In the Prophet’s Steps’, has crossed a major milestone, over one million people have registered to take part in the immersive Hijrah experience ahead of its official November launch. Led by the General Entertainment Authority (GEA), this initiative brings to life the migration of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from Makkah to Madinah, aiming to offer a deeply spiritual, historically accurate, and technologically advanced journey to both domestic and international visitors.The Project: What ‘In the Prophet’s Steps’ Is All About ‘In the Prophet’s Steps,’..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Trump administration memo clears way for federal employees to push their ‘correct’ religion on other coworkers

Federal workers should not face any punishment for trying to convince colleagues of the “correctness” of their personal religion, according to a new set of policies from the Trump administration.
“During a break, an employee may engage another in polite discussion of why his faith is correct and why the non-adherent should re-think his religious beliefs,” reads one portion of the administration’s memo. “However, if the nonadherent requests such attempts to stop, the employee should honor the request.”
The memo, issued Monday by the Office of Personnel Management, comes as the White House has made a priority of promoting religious faith and stamping out what it sees as anti-Christian bias.
The policy, first reported by Fox News, details a variety of other permitted religious expressions for federal workers, including keeping holy books or religious instruments such as rosary beads at their desks, wearing clothing with religious messages or symbols, and inviting colleagues to religious ..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Fault line on Canadian border thought dormant for years could cause major earthquake, new study shows

A fault line on the Canadian border, thought to be dormant for tens of millions of years, could cause a major earthquake, a new study has revealed.
The Tintina fault stretches about 600 miles from northeastern British Columbia into Alaska. It was previously thought to have last been active around 40 million years ago.
But a study published in Geophysical Research Letters earlier this month found signs of more recent activity.
New topographic data collected from satellites, airplanes and drones showed about an 80-mile-long segment of the fault where 2.6 million-year-old and 132,000-year-old geological formations are laterally shifted across the fault.
open image in galleryA fault line on the Canadian border, thought to be dormant for tens of millions of years, could cause a major earthquake, a new study has revealed (Mario Tama/Getty Images)RecommendedScience journal pulls controversial study about bizarre life formNew research reveals a secret ingredient in the Neanderthal dietMyst..

Uncategorized

Wu Yiquan: the Chinese AI researcher scoring big on the basketball court

AdvertisementScienceChinaScienceWu Yiquan: the Chinese AI researcher scoring big on the basketball courtBrains and brawn: university assistant professor turns heads with his slam dunks
Reading Time:2 minutesWhy you can trust SCMPHolly ChikPublished: 6:00am, 29 Jul 2025Amid China’s tech revolution, a new kind of multidisciplinary star is emerging – one who dominates both coding and sport.AdvertisementWu Yiquan, an artificial intelligence (AI) scientist pioneering legal large language models by day, is also making headlines as a rising provincial basketball sensation.Wu, an assistant professor at the Zhejiang University law school, specialises in developing and training legal large language models for applications in education and research.The 1.8m-tall (5 feet 9 inches) star caught media attention after he scored 22 as the defender for the West Lake team in a Zhejiang Provincial City Basketball League qualifier match on July 17.
In an interview with Henan-based news site Daxiang News on..

Uncategorized

World Court’s ruling opens the door wider for climate justice

AdvertisementClimate changeOpinionWorld OpinionKalinga SeneviratneOpinion | World Court’s ruling opens the door wider for climate justiceThe court’s decision could result in legal action against countries that fail to honour their climate commitments
Reading Time:3 minutesWhy you can trust SCMPKalinga SeneviratnePublished: 5:30am, 29 Jul 2025In a unanimous decision, a 15-member bench of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague in the Netherlands ruled on July 23 that government failures to protect vulnerable populations and ecosystems from climate change could amount to breaches of international law. The court’s non-binding ruling, which says that countries must comply with climate treaties, has been hailed as a great victory for youth activism from small island nations facing the brunt of the climate crisis.AdvertisementThe triumph at the ICJ is the culmination of a unique university project started by a group of law students at the University of the South Pacific’s law s..