AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Cape Cod potato chips falsely promises ‘no artificial ingredients’, class action lawsuit claims

The makers of Cape Cod potato chips were hit with a potential class action lawsuit last month alleging the brand falsely claims its snacks are free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
The suit, filed in New York federal court on October 23, comes from shopper Rozaliya Ripa, who claims she bought the kettle-cooked chips “numerous times” under false pretenses, including during an August trip to a Brooklyn Stop & Shop store.
Had Ripa “known the claims were false and misleading, she would not have purchased the Products or would have only been willing to purchase the Products at a lesser price,” the suit claims.
The lawsuit alleges that Cape Cod chips contain citric acid, an ingredient that is “no longer commercially available” in its natural form and is made synthetically by using “industrial chemicals to render the ingredient from mold.”
Campbell’s Company, which has owned Cape Cod since 2018, declined to comment on the claims in the pending litigation.
open image in gall..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

As many as one in five Americans want to leave the country with women driving the trend, poll finds

As many as one in five Americans say they want to leave the U.S., with young women driving the trend, a new survey has found.
Polling by Gallup shows that 40 percent of women aged 15 to 44 said they would like to leave the country and move abroad permanently if they could. The figure is four times greater than it was 10 years ago.
A big spike in those expressing the desire to move out of the U.S. was first reported by the pollster in 2016, the final year of Barack Obama’s presidency and before Donald Trump’s first term in office.
That year, Gallup surveyed the U.S. in June and July, after both parties’ presumptive nominees were set for the November election, which Trump went on to win over Hillary Clinton.
However, the pollster noted that the desire to move was not entirely partisan, as the wish to leave continued to climb even after Trump lost the 2020 election to Joe Biden.
open image in galleryPolling by Gallup shows that 40 percent of women aged 15 to 44 said they would like to le..

World

What we know about new Epstein emails that mention Trump

What we know about new Epstein emails that mention Trump9 hours agoShareSaveNadine YousifShareSaveGetty ImagesJeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump (pictured here in 1997) were friends for years, though the US president says he had a falling out with him in the early 2000sUS lawmakers have released more than 20,000 pages of documents from the estate of the disgraced financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, including some that mention President Donald Trump.
Early on Wednesday, Democrats on the House Oversight Committee published three email exchanges, including correspondence between Epstein, who died in 2019 in prison, and his long-time associate Ghislaine Maxwell, who is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence for sex trafficking.
They also released emails between Epstein and the author Michael Wolff, who has written numerous books about Trump.
Within hours, House Republicans released a massive tranche of documents to counter what they said was a Democratic effort to “che..

World

Epstein email says Andrew had photo taken with Virginia Giuffre

Epstein email says Andrew had photo taken with Virginia Giuffre11 hours agoShareSaveRachel HaganShareSaveUS Department of Justice via Press AssociationAndrew pictured with Virginia Giuffre and Ghislaine MaxwellJeffrey Epstein appears to have confirmed that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was photographed with Virginia Giuffre, according to a newly released email.
The message sent by Epstein – who is alleged to have taken the photo – reads: “Yes she [Giuffre] was on my plane and yes she had her picture taken with Andrew.”
Epstein's account appears to contradict the former prince's assertion that he never met Ms Giuffre and his longstanding suggestion that the image of him with his arm around her may have been doctored.
The July 2011 email was published on Wednesday alongside more than 20,000 pages of correspondence from the convicted sex offender and disgraced financier's estate.
Ms Giuffre – a prominent accuser of Epstein – alleged Andrew had sex with her three times as a tee..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

14 victims of devastating UPS plane crash in Kentucky named: ‘Unimaginable tragedy’

Leer en EspañolAll 14 victims of Tuesday afternoon’s horrific UPS plane crash in Louisville, Kentucky, have now been named by authorities.
Three flight crew members, a local business owner, and a grandfather and his granddaughter who were “in the wrong place, at the wrong time” were among the dead following the November 4 crash, the deadliest in the company’s history.
The victims include were named as Captain Dana Diamond, 62; Captain Richard Wartenberg, 57; First Officer Lee Truitt, 45; Angela Anderson, 45; Carlos Fernandez, 52; Trinadette Chavez, 37; Tony Crain, 65; John Loucks, 52; John Spray, 45; Matthew Sweets, 37; Ella Petty Whorton, 31; Megan Washburn, 35; Louisnes Fedon, 47; and his 3-year-old granddaughter Kimberly Asa.
Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg said at a press conference identifying the victims that there are not believed to be any other victims of the shocking incident at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport.
“Our city feels the full weight of this unimagina..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Trump-Epstein live updates: Adelita Grijalva confirms her signature on discharge petition after bombshell emails

CloseTrump says deal to end shutdown is very goodDemocrats on the House Oversight Committee released email exchanges between Jeffrey Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell and author Michael Wolff discussing Donald Trump.
In one email, apparently sent by Epstein to Maxwell, the convicted sex offender wrote: “I want you to realize that that dog that hasn't barked is [T]rump..” A victim “spent hours at my house with him, he has never once been mentioned, police chief. etc. im 75% there,” Esptein added.
In response, Maxwell wrote: “I have been thinking about that…”
Trump has repeatedly emphasized that their friendship dissolved in the early 2000s and has called the renewed interest in the Epstein files a “hoax” cooked up by the Democrats.
Trump did not send or receive any of the emails and has not been accused of any wrongdoing. The Independent has requested comment from the White House. He has said publicly that he had a falling out with Epstein because the disgraced financier “stole” young wom..

World

Italy investigates claim that tourists paid to go to Bosnia to kill besieged civilians

Italy investigates claim that tourists paid to go to Bosnia to kill besieged civilians4 hours agoShareSaveSarah Rainsford,Eastern and Southern Europe correspondent and Guy Delauney,Balkans correspondentShareSaveAP Photo/Jerome DelayCivilians risked their lives to cross Sarajevo's main boulevard during the Bosnian warThe public prosecutor's office in Milan has opened an investigation into claims that Italian citizens travelled to Bosnia-Herzegovina on “sniper safaris” during the war in the early 1990s.
Italians and others are alleged to have paid large sums to shoot at civilians in the besieged city of Sarajevo.
The Milan complaint was filed by journalist and novelist Ezio Gavazzeni, who describes a “manhunt” by “very wealthy people” with a passion for weapons who “paid to be able to kill defenceless civilians” from Serb positions in the hills around Sarajevo.
Different rates were charged to kill men, women or children, according to some reports.
More than 11,000 people died d..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Swearing in of Democrat Adelita Grijalva 7 weeks after winning House election could force vote on releasing Epstein files

Adelita Grijalva will be sworn in on Wednesday by Speaker Mike Johnson, his office said on Tuesday, ending weeks of delays and likely triggering a vote in the House of Representatives around the release of the Department of Justice’s trove of files related to Jeffrey Epstein.
The speaker’s office made the announcement Tuesday afternoon, as Congress appeared to be on the brink of ending the longest federal government shutdown in history. Johnson previously said that Grijalva’s swearing-in would be delayed until the shutdown ended.
Democrats in the chamber have loudly insisted for weeks that Johnson’s real aim in delaying Grijalva’s swearing-in was to prevent a vote on a resolution co-sponsored by Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Kentucky) and Ro Khanna (D-California) which, with Grijalva’s signature, will be forced to the House floor as privileged legislation. With the votes of every Democrat in the chamber and several Republicans, it’s expected to pass in an embarrassing defeat for the Trump adm..

AmericasEuropeIndy TVMiddle EastNewsUS Crime NewsUS politicsWorld

Supreme Court extends order blocking full funding for SNAP benefits with shutdown nearing end

The Supreme Court will continue to block a judge’s order requiring President Donald Trump’s administration to fully fund a critical food assistance program that helps prevent millions of Americans from going hungry.
The nation’s highest court extended a pause on that order for another two days as Congress inches closer to ending the government shutdown. Lawmakers are expected to pass a temporary funding bill this week that will effectively restart funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
A brief order from the court Tuesday night noted that liberal Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson would have rejected the Trump administration’s request and allowed the lower-court order requiring the government to fully fund the program to stand.
The Supreme Court’s latest order remains in effect until midnight Thursday. The House of Representatives is expected to vote on a temporary funding measure to reopen the government Wednesday night, which would likely bring the legal battle to an e..

World

‘There was a state of terror’: Sudan hospital worker describes fleeing before alleged massacre

'There was a state of terror': Sudan hospital worker describes fleeing before alleged massacre7 hours agoShareSaveBarbara Plett Usher,Africa correspondent and Mohamed ZakariaShareSaveWATCH: Abdu-Rabbu Ahmed, who worked at the Saudi Hospital throughout the conflict, says he has no hope of returning to el-FasherA man who escaped the last functioning hospital in the Sudanese city of el-Fasher before a reported massacre by paramilitary troops says he has lost all hope and happiness.
“I have lost my colleagues,” Abdu-Rabbu Ahmed, a laboratory technician at the Saudi Maternity Hospital, told the BBC.
“I have lost the people whose faces I used to see smiling… It feels as if you lost a big part of your body or your soul.”
He was speaking to us from a displaced persons camp in Tawila some 70km (43 miles) to the west of el-Fasher, the regional hub which was taken over by paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in the last week of October after an 18-month siege.
The RSF has been fig..